Aug 23, 2010

When I grow up...

OK, I saw this on Graham Norton and laughed so much I had tears in my eyes.

You remember those pictures we had to draw in 1st grade, showing what we wanted to do when we grew up? Here's one that a teacher received:


Now, what is it you suppose this little girls mommy does? Look carefully and take a guess.

You might be mistaken. After the assignment, the mother wrote the following to the teacher:

Dear Mrs. Jones,
I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been an exotic dancer.
I work at Home Depot and I told my daughter how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit. I told her we sold out every single shovel we had, and then I found one more in the back room, and that several people were fighting over who would get it. Her picture doesn't show me dancing around a pole. It's supposed to depict me selling the last snow shovel we had at Home depot.
From now on I will remember to check her homework more.

No comments: